This is the personal web site of Samuel J. Huskey.
I launched this site as a space where I could write about my adventures in web development, text and data analysis, digital philology, and technology in general, apart from my main research project, the Digital Latin Library.
I intend to use this site to post about technical issues and problems that I run into while building and maintaining various digital resources, mostly to keep a record for myself of how I solved them. If that information helps someone else, all the better!
I also wanted to experiment with different web applications. I've been a Drupal developer since version 6, and I have also worked with ExpressionEngine and a variety of other content management systems. I built the first version of this site with WordPress, then I tried it on Jekyll. Now it's on 11ty!
My Blog Posts
- Using ddev for Local Drupal Development | October 6, 2022
- NEH funding histories for AAU Institutions | September 26, 2022
- My Journey with Web Technology | April 1, 2022
- Installing Drupal | March 10, 2022
- Migrating the Digital Latin Library from Drupal 7 to Drupal 9 | October 4, 2021
- Making a Vocabulary List for Wheelock | September 7, 2021
- Updating Composer | June 25, 2021
- Verify a Downloaded File | June 22, 2021
- The settings.php file for Drupal 9 | June 8, 2021